Start by checking the following:
- Verify that all cables (e.g. TV, DVD, HD DVR, converter) are securely connected.
- Verify that the TV and DVD are on the same channel (3 or 4).
- Verify that the TV is set to TV/Cable setting.
- Verify your splitter by hooking up the cable directly to your TV. If this solves the problem, you may want to replace your splitter.
- Verify that the TV and converter box are plugged into a ‘live’ electrical outlet not controlled by a wall switch.
- Check if there has been a power failure or if there’s any construction (that may have cut a cable) happening in your neighborhood.
- If converter power has been interrupted for any reason, try turning the converter off and on to reset the box.