Shopping online is so convenient and easy! Who doesn’t love being able to make purchases at your fingertips at anytime of the day? Shop online safely with these tips!
SHOP SAFELY ONLINE WITH THESE TIPS
- Shop on trusted & secure websites to protect yourself online. You can identify secure websites by looking for an address that starts with https (the s stands for secure). You can also look for a lock icon before the URL.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi to make online purchases. Free Wi-Fi at coffee shops, hotel, and airports is great for checking social media & surfing the web but not secure for making purchases using sensitive personal info.
- Make sure online purchases match your credit card and bank statements. If you find a transaction that doesn’t match your purchases, contact your card issuer or bank immediately.
- Beware of phishing scams. These are fake emails made to look legitimate to trick you into giving away your username, password, or other sensitive information. When in doubt, delete it!
- Read product and vendor reviews before you make a purchase. You can benefit greatly from the experiences of others before making a purchase on a product or vendor you are unfamiliar with.